To meet the increase in demand of air traffic in India and provide the required
world-class infrastructure for the aviation sector the Govt. of Maharashtra along
with the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Govt. of India has taken the step of developing
the existing airport at Nagpur to international Standards.
- Nagpur Airport has a strategic location on the International Aviation Route
- An existing Airport in the geographical center of India is spread over an area of
about 400 Hectares
- To be developed as an International Hub Airport for Passenger and Cargo to be extended
over an area of 1364 Hectares
- The Techno-Economic Feasibility Study (TEFS) of the Airport was conducted by a group
of International Consultants lead by M/s. L&T Ramboll Consulting Engineers Ltd.
- Existing Runway of 3200 x 45 meters is to be extended to 3600 x 45 meters to meet
International Aviation Standards.
- Provision for Additional parallel Runway of 4000 x 60 meters in future.
- Airport Terminal Building; a semi-circular terminal building of 3 Million Sq. Ft.
is to be developed in phases.
- Ultimate Space for parking 50 Aircrafts in the terminal and 50 Aircrafts remote.
- Provision for Aircraft Engineering and Maintenance facilities (MRO on about 64 Hectares).
- An Exclusive Cargo Complex
- The Most conductive Weather Dynamics for an Airport.
- Projected Passenger Traffic of 14 Million and Cargo Traffic of 0.87Million Tones